Dear LBF Church Family,
I just want to say a big Thank You for being a part of this church family. There is no blessing like having brothers and sisters lock arms together as we passionately pursue life in Jesus and lead our neighbors to do the same. I thank God for being a part of this church community.
As we get ready to head into 2023, I wanted to take a moment to help us remember how we have been able to see God at work in our midst during this past year. Here are some of the highlights that we have been able to experience:
- We celebrated Pastor Gary as he moved into retirement, and I had the joy of stepping into my new role as Lead Pastor.
- We hosted over 250 kids for a Summer VBS where they got to hear the Gospel and connect with our church community.
- We saw over 70 gather at Forest Home for our Men’s Retreat, building each other up in healthy and biblical masculinity.
- We sent nearly 80 Exit 83 students to Rock the Boat, where they grew in worshiping and following Jesus.
- We celebrated the 2-year anniversary of the Upland Community Resource Center, serving as a light in our community.
- We sent out 5 Global Outreach Teams, spreading the light of Jesus around the world.
- We culminated our Justice and Mercy series by praying over our Local Outreach Partners, with many church members committing to use their gifts to serve the community.
- We saw over 400 women attend Adore Him, hearing the Gospel and celebrating Jesus during the Christmas season.
- We continued to see hundreds grow through LIFE Groups, personal discipleship, and worship services, keeping our eyes always focused on Jesus.
As we head into the new year, I pray that you will draw near to Jesus and participate in his mission as we continue to move forward as a church family. Pray about how you will use your spiritual gifts to serve, and pray about how you will use your money and resources to further the mission of spreading the light of Jesus near and far.
Thank you for being a blessing to our community, your brothers and sisters in Christ, our staff, and me personally. I so look forward to seeing how God will be at work among us during this next year.
Dan Franklin, Lead Pastor